Tuesday 26 June 2012

Speed Interview with Ellie Nugent

As you may know, at Southern Sinfonia we remain in close contact with as many of our Newbury Young Musician of the Year finalists as possible. The final for our 2012 competition took place on Sunday 24 June (for more information please see the website) and we were very pleased to be able to catch up with our 2010 champion Ellie Nugent. Here's a quick interview with her:

So what have you been up to since you performed Nielsen's Flute Concerto with us?
Well, I've just taken my A levels, so i've been revising for those all the time. Although I'm looking forward to getting some more music in over the summer.

What A-Levels did you take?
I took Law, German and Music. I'm hoping to go to New College, Oxford to study Music, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for my results in August.

Are you looking forward to your Prom with the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain?
Yes, I'm really looking forward to that! I'll be playing the piccolo I bought with my prize money from Newbury Young Musician of the Year, so that will be great. The programme features a new piece by Nico Muhly, Varèse's Tuning Up and Messiaen's Turangalîla Symphony, so it really is a great opportunity.

For more information about the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain's Prom please click here.

Have you got any plans for the holidays?
Yes, I'm playing the piano in a production of West Side Story by RicNic Oxford at the Pegasus Theatre and I'm also attending the British Flute Society's International Convention in Manchester, so it's going to be a busy summer!


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic and informative interview - many thanks and congratulations Ellie

    ReplyDelete